Thursday, December 21, 2006

Do I love God more than Max Loves me?

...maybe...
I imagine God might delight in us as we delight in our pets. My dog Max is far from perfect. He does what he wants instead of what I want him to do. He has his own will - and his own agenda. He will often obey, but it's not something I can count on. I love this dog more than I love most people. He is pure in his heart. He wants little more than approval and love.

Which is all I really crave from God.

I suppose (know) that I must stray from Gods will. I love my freedom and have a free will of my own. If Gods will were clear to me - and if I could count on love and approval, I would probably not waiver in faith. -- Max too, must feel this way about obeying me.

Even though he frustrates me sometimes, I love his independence. I treasure his company and steadfast loyalty.

I hope God feels this way towards me.

No comments: